Thursday, May 26, 2011

A New Chapter

So, I graduated from college last week. Hence the unabashed plug for Shutterfly graduation announcements. Looking forward to seeing how those turn out. Anyway, yeah, I'm a college graduate.

Wow.

Can you believe it?! Neither can I.

It's strange. It hasn't even really hit me yet, you know, that I'm done being an undergraduate. What in the world?! When did that happen?!

Apparently, it's time to turn the page and embark on the next chapter, whatever that is. I assume it has something to do with getting a job (okay, I know it will have something to do with getting a job), then moving out, and becoming financially independent...all that jazz.

There's a lot of stuff that I'm not exactly looking forward to. Take bills, for example. Grown up stuff. I'm also quite frightened of what life will look like not living with my parents. They're are such a huge part of my identity. They're my comfort.

And then there's that little prick of excitement, exhilaration, hope. The future could be brilliant. Not necessarily easy, but vivid.

A few weeks ago I was in the cutest local town. I've lived within a few miles of it my entire life, but never stopped to tour the artsy little hamlet. I was seeking vintage pins for a close friend (which I found in an adorable thrift store) and on my way, I stumbled upon funky little gift shop, where I found these delightful buttons. I selected one for each of the girls in my Bible study and one for myself, though I had the hardest time figuring on which what best suited me. After much deliberation, I chose this for myself:

She most heartily enjoyed pursuing life.

How fitting for the girl terrified of adulthood. It's the perfect reminder that I should pursue this new chapter with joy. I may not necessarily be happy all the time, but I will rejoice in life nonetheless. I will most heartily pursue a life in Him.

It's going to be a fabulous chapter.

No comments:

Post a Comment