Monday, April 11, 2011

Uplifted

As we embark on yet another week, I feel I must reflect on the fabulous one I've just had. I'm not even sure I can fully explain how very uplifted I've been feeling. The past week has just been spiritually brimming.

It began Monday, with that mammoth donation from my grandmother and God's elbow poking me in the ribs, figuratively of course.

Thursday morning I got to talk to a dear, dear friend via Skype and it was fabulous. To the creator of Skype, thank you from my core. Again, so uplifting. This girl I talked to, she's a wise one. Her life truly rests in His palms and she inspires me. Needless to say, it was an incredible way to start my Thursday.

I concluded my Thursday fantastically. Bible study and Cru. Let me just say, I love my Bible study. In all honesty, it's small size was, at one point, quite discouraging. Now a cherish it. I love these girls and the fact that we're getting to know each other by getting to know Him. It's always a relief when a study seems to go well...when it seems like the girls are actually engaged and invigorated by the material. It is made all the better when the foursome walks to Cru together only to listen to a talk directly related to the study, which was the case this Thursday. It was just great. I took more notes in my little red Moleskine journal than I have in quite awhile. I'll share with more specificity later.

Two days later I found myself in a room with a bunch of Maryland seniors talking about life after college (a topic that consumes my thoughts 75% of the time), more specifically, Christian life after college. It was good, in spite of my being completely overwhelmed and a tad jittery. I was soaked with information over the course of our eight hours together and left with an anxiousness that I find is proportional to the nearness of adulthood and my heightened awareness of its proximity.

Then came this unanticipated sense of security. I graduate in little over a month and have no plans past August, but I'm getting the sense that it's actually going to be okay. I'm feeling taken care of and it's remarkably reassuring.

I want so much to keep writing about this right now, but to morning is creeping up on me. Goodnight.

2 comments:

  1. so thankful for skype too ;) and YOU! thanks for encouraging me <3

    also, so proud of you. life changes when we find security in our defender, in our redeemer, in our rock, our Lord. praying for you! love you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) I wonder what THIS week will hold!

    ReplyDelete